Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Card Challenge!

Today, I finished a special card as an entry to a challenge given on one of my favorite sites. The challenge was to come up with a "shaped card" (anything other than a normal card shape...ie rectangle, square, etc) and then to use a stamp set put out by this company. Well, I LOVE a challenge, so I looked through the stamps I have, and found a beautiful set called "I am the vine" - which is based on the Bible verse John 15:5. I cut the card to match the shape of one of the leaves on the vine, and used a Spellbinders die to cut out and frame the verse on the center of the card.  I used the vine to put a pattern on the front, and added a couple of chipboard swirls that I painted to match before adding a layer of  Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint. And last...a big pretty sparkly matching bow.  All I can say is....I hope THEY like it...I'm rather proud of it, actually!!! Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!!
...by the way - I think the HARDEST part for me, was trying to find a good way to take a picture of this thing! Boy am I learning things by leaps and bounds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment